Thursday, July 14, 2011

Engrish

I just love all of the funny things you find while shopping. There are funny pictures, misspelled words, and just different ways of doing things over here. I really do mean that I love it. Diversity is a wonderful thing in the world and it would be boring without it. When it comes to the mistranslations and "Engrish" on all of the signs, I laugh, but I also have to remember that if I had to translate anything into Chinese, I'm sure that I would make some pretty funny mistakes as well.


This is probably the cutest rat I've ever seen! Guinea Pig glue trap, anyone?
There's a Japanese market, Himawari, that makes the best donuts and sushi! And to top it off, they have the coolest carts that Ravi and Beckham had lots of fun with.

My friend Heather (she is 1 of 3 Heather's that lives on the island) took me to this fabric store. It was awesome. Imagine three rows of fabric like this, all in a tiny 15'x20' room and that's the store. He also had jars and jars of buttons! It was so neat!

Third from the top...Smoodie anyone?

This is the outside of Himawari...I love the slogan, "Try our Meals for your Long Life!" They do have excellent food. We also picked up some yummy bento boxes from them...I got a beef and noodle bowl and it was tasty.


This was outside another store...


These sandals cracked me up. Those fuzzy brown things are kush balls! Remember those from growing up? And now they're being used on shoes! Love it!

1 comment:

  1. Ha...love the koosh ball flip flops. Sounds like you're having fun exploring and eating good food! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete